Monday, January 28, 2008

No News

It stormed here today. Snow, wind, ice pellets, the works. My mom's appointment was cancelled and rescheduled for NEXT Monday. Ugh. A whole week to fret and worry.

I did speak to her the other day, after I last blogged, and it's Alzheimer's they are testing for. So I am not sure if she will be given results or more tests at the appointment. Either way, it's inevitable. If she doesn't have it now, she WILL get it. It's hereditary and her mother had it, as do some of her older sisters. Better than the death sentence that is cancer, right?

Not really. What is worse, your mind going or your body? Honestly, I can't decide. I hate the thought of my mother (or anyone for that matter) forgetting her family and friends. Her grandchildren, her husband, her daughters. What cruel jokes the universe will play on us. And why? Why does anyone deserve that sort of pain? Alzheimer's hurts the whole family. Breaks hearts. And I don't think I can handle it.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

sweetie...hugs.

hopefully the early detection and advances in modern medicine will prove all the difference for your mom.

HUGS again.

Jovi said...

hmmm, is it really inevitable? or does it "just" feel that way? my g-gma had dementia or alz (never was tested) and my gma is FINE. sharp as a tack at 77. of course, that's how my g-gdad was, so she clearly got his genetic code for that. maybe your mom got her dad's. regardless, seems very tough waiting, so big *hugs* for that.

as for your question, which is worse...for me, it would be mind, for sure. everyone dies. so while i'd be bummed to have cancer (for instance) cut my life shorter than most, i think i'd still prefer that. g-d forbid in either case.

HUGS

Andrea said...

Jill, hugs....I hope it's not inevitable. Positive thoughts, k.

BTW, Great picture!