Saturday, September 15, 2007

Killing me softly...

So after my last post, I guess I eventually took a bath and went to bed. Contractions stopped around 11 pm, so I went to sleep. Got up the next morning (Wednesday) and lost a big ole chunk of my mucus plug! Called my hubs and informed him, but he had NO CLUE what a mucus plug was, so I explained to him, he he, he LOVES my ability to discuss openly the most disgusting parts of pregnancy. So anyway, the day went on, and I didn't really feel much movement from the baby, but still felt *some* so wasn't worried. She really is hyperactive and was moving about the amount of a normal baby. Anyway so my OB appointment was at 4:45, got in to see her at 5:30, she did an internal exam, which she was going to do anyway, but I had told her about my plug, so she was definitely gonna do it. So she determined me to be 1cm and 20% thinned and head WAY down....a start at least. Then I told her about the lack of movement, and she said not to worry, they have quiet days, and I was ok with this cause she was definitely still moving. So she checked the heart rate with the doppler, and her heart rate was way higher than normal, up at 180bpm! She is usually about 150. She wanted me to wait and check it again in 10 minutes or so, and it was still high, so combined with the less movement, she decided to send me for a NST at the hospital. They monitored me for 3 hours (yawn!) and determined baby to be ok, cause she started moving lots and HR came down, and then the OB on call checked me and said I was 2cm and 40-50% thinned! YIKES! So he decided to admit me, saying I was in labour and would have the baby tonight! I had been having contractions all day, but nothing that painful....so i asked to go home since I live 7 minutes away and he said ok, but come back when they get stronger/water breaks, etc. That was Wednesday....this is Saturday, I am still home!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there sweetie! Thinking about ya!

Andrea said...

OMG! Have you had Chloe yet??! Did I miss it.. It's Monday. Update, update!