Sunday, September 10, 2006

Potty Success/Stupid Shrek

We had some potty success the other day. I let Chelsea run around without her diaper for a few hours the other morning, and I asked her very frequently if she had to pee. She said NO each time. Finally I was on the phone with her Daddy at work and she sat down and peed! It wasn't much pee, but we did a dance, clapped, etc and took it upstairs to flush and wipe (and dribble all the way up). So we did all that stuff, and then she got all excited and wanted to use her other potty, the one we keep in the bathroom. So she did! A bigger dribble this time! So then I ran her a bath and while the tub was filling, she peed again! This was going great! Then when I wasn't paying attention, she peed again, halfon the floor, half in the potty, and felt really bad for the pee on the floor, but I said it was all good, she was doing really well! So she bathed, and got dressed, and I put her in big girl undies, and easy to remove shorts, and we talked about not peeing on Mommy's floor, and she agreed, and asked to watch Shrek 2 (not Shrek 1, she hates that one). Five minutes into Shrek, I was on the computer and looked over to see puddle on my floor and a girl in a trance, not realizing she was soaked. Stupid Shrek.

3 comments:

Tina said...

HI Cookie's Mommy- I found your blog through one of your comments to Ellen and was drawn to read it because I am going through potty training problems myself. I chronicled our first round of potty training back in February on my blog (http://raisingmommy.blogspot.com/2006_02_01_raisingmommy_archive.html)and to sum it up, it was a MESS. This isn't supposed to discourage you, it is supposed to help... to know you are not alone!

Tina said...

Oops, I meant I found you through the Sarcastic Journalist.

Nicole @ OrWhateverYouDo said...

I found you through shenuts too. Nice blog so far. My son turned two in June and we aren't even close to trained yet either. I'm not sure if it is my lack of motivation or his, but I keep saying "tomorrow we're really going to do this..."

I used to be a waitress/bartender myself. Fun work sometimes!